Bangor University is proud to introduce our flagship Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for excellent International Students. The University is looking to award the scholarship to students demonstrating academic excellence and notable achievements in their extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for students who will make a valuable contribution to all aspects of University life and whose values match the Universities own: Ambition; Inclusivity; Integrity; Sustainability and Transformation. If you think that sounds like you – then we look forward to receiving your application!
Applications for the Vice-Chancellor scholarship must be received by the 19th April, 2022 at 5pm UK time.
Available for all full-time undergraduate courses starting in September 2022.
£10,000 (for Year 1 only)
Number of Scholarships
9 (one scholarship available for each academic school)
1) The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international applicants with:
- Excellent Academic Background – students who have already achieved or are predicted to achieve an A grade or equivalent in at least 50% of their subjects/courses PLUS
- notable achievements in extra-curricular activities which could include a range of activities such as voluntary and community work; sporting excellence; excellence in the arts; leaderships roles; fund-raising; representing their region or country in national or international conferences; quality work placements or proven entrepreneurship skills.
2) You must be self-funding. Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to this Scholarship.
3) Only open to students paying International Tuition Fee Levels
4) Not open to EU applicants. Please see EU scholarships
5) The above scholarship is available for full-time on-campus courses only. (Students who start their studies online due to Covid-19 will remain eligible for the scholarship)
6) Not open to students studying at Bangor University International College (BUIC)
7) Not open to Non-graduating students e.g. Study Abroad
8) The scholarship is only open to undergraduate students completing a full 3 or 4 year degree on campus at Bangor University. It is not open to students with advanced standing into years 2 or 3 or partner students articulating into Year 2 or 3.
How to apply
Step 1: You MUST have an offer to study at Bangor University before you can apply.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
Step 3: Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form before the deadline (19 April 2022, 5pm UK time).
Step 4: Eligible applications will be forwarded to the academic school to make a decision, and successful candidates will be informed by 15 May, 2022.
Step 5: Scholarship winners must have chosen Bangor University as their Firm Choice in UCAS or accepted their offer through our direct application system.
Step 6: To accept the scholarship you will be required to complete a scholarship acceptance form and pay a tuition fee deposit of £2,000 within two weeks of the scholarship offer.
Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- Students must have met all the academic and other conditions of their offer by 1st September, 2022 (unless studying a Pre-sessional English course with ELCOS).
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to University promotion both as student and in later years as alumni.
- The scholarship is only valid for students starting their studies in September 2022 and cannot be carried over to the following academic year.
- The scholarships will be awarded as a discount in your tuition fees.
- The scholarship will be awarded for year 1 only. No scholarship will be awarded in subsequent years.
- This scholarship will replace any other Bangor University Scholarships already awarded. It will not be awarded in addition to any other scholarships.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University's discretion.
For further details, you may contact the Regional Manager responsible for your country.