Applications for this scholarship have now closed.
The scholarships will include:
• Tuition fees
• Online Pre-sessional Programme up to 3 months (if required) – students will need a minimum IELTS score 5.0, with no element below 4.0 or equivalent to qualify for the 3 month Pre-sessional (the requirement is .5 higher for courses marked with *)
• A monthly stipend for up to 15 months (to include accommodation costs)
• Special support for mothers – allowance to cover accompanying children
• A return economy class ticket
• Free English language test (if required)
• Visa application fee and NHS surcharge
• Airport Pick-up
Number of Scholarships:
Six scholarships are available under this scheme through Bangor University.
Female candidates from any of the following countries are invited to apply for these scholarships: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela.
Postgraduate Taught – A one year Masters course (from the list below) studied on a full time basis beginning in September 2021.
Eligible courses are listed below:
- Applied Marine Geoscience MSc
- Marine Biology MSc*
- Marine Environmental Protection MSc*
- Marine Renewable Energy MSc
- Physical Oceanography MSc
- Agroforestry and Food Security MSc
- Environmental Forestry MSc
- Conservation and Land Management MSc
- Environmental and Business Management MSc
- Molecular Biology with Biotechnology MSc
Computer Science & Engineering
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
- Advanced Data Science MSc
- Broadband and Optical Communications MSc
- Computing MSc (Conversion course)
- Computing for Data Science MSc (Conversion course)
- Electronic Engineering MSc
- Nanotechnology and Microfabrication MSc*
- Rise of the Machines MSc (Conversion course)
Health & Medical Sciences
- Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc
- Biomedical Science MSc
- Dementia Studies MSc
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc
- Medical Molecular Biology with Genetics MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion MSc
- Clinical and Health Psychology MSc
- Neuroimaging MSc*
- Principles of Clinical Neuropsychology MSc
- Psychological Research MSc*
- Psychology MSc
Sports Health & Exercise Sciences
- Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology MSc
- Exercise Rehabilitation MSc
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (BPS Accredited) MSc
To be eligible for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, the scholar must:
• Be a woman
• Have completed a relevant bachelor degree that meets the entry requirements for your chosen course at Bangor University or be able to demonstrate significant relevant work experience.
• Have submitted an application to study one of the eligible courses above at Bangor University starting in September 2021
• Have completed an undergraduate degree that will allow them to gain entry onto their chosen course at Bangor University
• Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK
• Met the English language requirements of Bangor University - IELTS 6.0 (5.5)*or equivalent. The scholarships will fund an online Pre-sessional course up to 3 months. For the Pre-sessional students will need a minimum IELTS score 5.0 or equivalent, with no element below 4.0* (the requirement is .5 higher for courses marked with *)
• Demonstrate a need for financial support
• Return to their country for a minimum of two years after the scholarship has ended.
Scholars are also asked to demonstrate on their application form:
• They are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programme area they are applying for
• They are willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education and returning to their home country.
• They can demonstrate a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from their home country.
How to apply?
Step 1: You must have applied for your chosen course at Bangor University before Monday, 15 March. All your supporting documents must be submitted in English or with an English translation. Any applications providing supporting documents in Spanish/Portuguese only, without an English Translation, will be withdrawn immediately.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed above.
Step 3: Complete the scholarship application form provided on the right-side panel. Please note the scholarship application form must be completed in English.
Step 4: Email the completed application form along with a copy of your offer letter from Bangor University (if you have one) to Kerry Marie Jones at: email@example.com by Friday, 26 March, 2021.
• Submit your application to Study your chosen course at Bangor University by Monday 15th March.
• Submit your application for the British Council Women in STEM Scholarships 2021 by Friday 26th March.
Successful candidates will be informed in early May.
• agree that their personal data can be shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the scholarship.
• If they are awarded a scholarship, they agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after their study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during their study in the UK will take up to no more than five hours per term.
• Be willing to act as an ambassador for Bangor university both during their studies and on their return to their home country.
For further details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.