Preparing to Come to Bangor FAQs

How do I apply for a student visa?

There are two main types of student visa: Student Visitor and Tier 4 (General) Student visas. Most people apply for the Tier 4 Student visa. 

Details on how to apply can be found on the UKCISA website.

Can the University help me with my visa?

Yes. Please contact the International Student Welfare Office if you have any questions, problems or concerns regarding your visa.  The International Student Support Office is situated in the Student Support Services Centre on the 1st Floor in Neuadd Rathbone, College Road, Bangor LL57 2DF.

Opening hours: Monday to Friday

09:00 - 13.00 / 14.00 - 16.00

or e-mail :
Tel: ++44 (0) 1248 388430 / 388238

How do I book my accommodation?

If you are an undergraduate student, you can make an online application for accommodation 48 hours after you have confirmed your place on a course through UCAS and gained ‘conditional firm’ (CF) or ‘unconditional firm’ (UF) status. If you are a postgraduate student, you can make an online application 48 hours after you formally accept your offer of a place on a degree course.

Full information on the University accommodation policy and details of the different Halls of Residence can be found on the Accommodation Office website.

How much does the Univeristy accommodation cost?

On-campus accommodation fees range from £65 to £110

How do I get to the University when I arrive in the UK?

Bangor University provides a pick-up service from Manchester International Airport at a cost of £20. For more information click here.  

If this is not convenient, please download 'Travelling to Bangor' for more information