Study Abroad at Bangor Handbook
Applying to Study Abroad at Bangor
Before applying to Bangor, please:
- Contact your Study Abroad Adviser to discuss the issues involved in undertaking a study abroad placement.
- Look-up details of degree programmes and modules offered by Bangor University.
- If you would like to to apply, please complete the application form and return to Bangor University.
- Your application will be considered by the relevant school, and if acceptable, an offer letter of admission will be sent to you together with an accommodation application form.
- It is not possible to guarantee the study programme at Bangor University at the application stage. Students are advised that the study programme will be finalised after arrival at Bangor University and in conjunction with the academic tutor according to the students’ academic background and requirements.
- Students who wish to be considered for a room in university accommodation should complete and return the accommodation application form as soon as possible. University accommodation is not guaranteed and visiting students may have to secure a place to live in the private sector. The Student Housing Office offers assistance with this process.
- During the 1–2 months prior to the start of your placement, you will receive an information pack and correspondence regarding registration and orientation activities, and accommodation arrangements.
- New visiting students should attend the welcome / registration meeting, and school meetings to finalise the placement details and choice of modules.
- Register as Bangor University students.
- Take part in an Orientation Day for International Students.
- Practical arrangements eg Register with the police (depending on nationality), open a bank account, register with a doctor / medical practitioner, arrange membership of the Students’ Union.
Click here to see a list of our study abroad partners.