Connect to your files and software using DesktopAnywhere
What do I need to be able to use DesktopAnywhere?
DesktopAnywhere will work on most current Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10), Linux, Mac OSX, Android and iOS devices.
- Computers running Windows will need Java installed Click here to download Java.
- OSX computers will need both Java and X11 configured. Alternatively the HTML5 version of this service (as used by tablets).
- The DesktopAnywhere service now also works seemlessly on Apple iPads and Android tablets..
- If you are using Chrome / Edge you will need to download and run the jnlp file when prompted.
- For full details of supported clients see the Oracle documentation
Dependent on your status (staff / student) within the University and your Department the exact list of software available will vary. However all will have access to either a Staff or Student Managed Desktop which will give access to all standard software installed on managed computers on campus as well as M and U drives.This prevents the problem of having different versions of documents at home and at work, and also the risk of having sensitive work documents on your home computer.
Connect to DesktopAnywhere using HTML5 - sessions appear within the browser window - for Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari.