Learning Technology Team
We support staff wishing to use technology in their teaching and learning. This includes guidance and help in producing resources in a variety of formats, some for face to face use, others for on-line or remote use. We hold workshops for staff to see how various tools and concepts work and will work with individuals or schools to enable staff to become confident in using the technology. Much of our work involves supporting Blackboard, the online learning system, integrating different resources eg Panopto, Turnitin and troubleshooting problems.
Learning Technology Resource Hub - Help, Advice, Training, Support...
Recently added links :
- Recording of E-learning Webinar – 21 November 2018
- “Using Flashcard to Encourage Student Learning” – Dr Basil Wold & Dr Ruth Wonfor (Aberystwyth University)
- “Distance learning to promote best practices and behaviours in infection prevention: the potential of the MOOC – using Blackboard ULTRA” – Dr Lynne Williams (Bangor University)
- Recording of E-Learning Webinar - 23 November 2016
- “Module Evaluation using QR codes and Online Surveying: Trialling, Transitioning and Tracking Student Perspectives” - Andrew Davies and Laura Mc Sweeney (Aberystwyth University)
- “Clickers and their role in formative feedback” - Dr Dylan Wyn Jones (Bangor University)
- Reading list linking to Blackboard
Blackboard is the virtual learning environment (VLE) supported across Bangor University
TurnitinUK is an online service used by students to submit assignments and by staff to provide feedback.
Training and Support
E-learning Workshops and training sessions
Panopto - Lecture Capture
Panopto allows you to record lectures and learning materials using audio, video, PowerPoint and ‘captured’ screen content.
Audience Response System
Audience Response Systems, also known as voting pads or clickers are hand held devices that allow staff to test students’ knowledge or gauge their prior understanding of a topic.
Support for Y Porth
Y Porth - Blackboard for the Welsh medium HE sector
The Cadarn Project
The Cadarn Project supports and stimulates the production of open educational resources to inspire new students into higher education.
Equipment for Loan
Video and audio equipment for short term loan to STAFF only
Accessibility and E-Learning
Resources to help staff ensure that teaching materials delivered through Panopto, Blackboard and Turnitin are accessible and inclusive