University IT Account – staff
Your Username and Password
Your username and password will be issued to you on the day your contract starts. If you are working at the University prior to the start of your contact your username can be set up earlier on request. By using this to access facilities across the University you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions set out in the Acceptable Use Regulations.
What is your Username for?
- Logging onto Bangor University computers
- Accessing online services including Banner, Blackboard, My Bangor
- Accessing Library resources
- Authenticating your computer on our network in student residences – Eduroam
- Your email address – ‘username’@bangor.ac.uk, as well as this you will be issued with an ‘alias’ this will be formed of your name and is an additional email address – e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can you find out your username?
This will normally have been organised for you before you start work. If this hasn’t been done you can get your username created by IT Support – Science Library, Adeilad Deiniol. For this to be done you will need to have your payroll number.
What is my Password?
You will be issued with a default password when your username is created.
Changing your Password
Your password can be changed using the Change Password facility.