Accessibility and E-Learning
In conjunction with Disability Services the Learning Technology team have created the following news bulletin about recent changes in the law and how they affect requirements in teaching materials . The bulletin was created using Microsoft Sway.
|Laws are now in place regarding accessible online material in Higher Education. Lecturers are now required to ensure their online learning materials are accessible from the outset. The Publ…|
Also available in word format Creating accessible e-learning materials.docx
Additional Resources :
- Make your powerpoint accessible (Microsoft Support)
- Make your word documents accessible (Microsoft Support )
- Creating an Accessible PDF (GOV.UK)
- Watch Blackboard's YouTube Video Getting Oriented with Blackboard Learn to get started with learning how to organise your course menu and material, having an organised course will help all students on your course.
- UK Association for Accessible Formats .
- PDF - the Print Devil's Format - article by Alistair McNaught that highlights some to the barriers that PDF documents can present