Accessibility and E-Learning
In conjunction with the Disability Service section of Student Services the Learning Technology team are currently putting together a list of resources to help staff ensure that teaching materials delivered through Panopto, Blackboard and Turnitin are accessible and inclusive .
Getting Started :
- Make your powerpoint accessible (Microsoft Support)
- Make your word documents accessible (Microsft Support )
- Creating an Accessible PDF (GOV.UK)
- Watch Blackboard's YouTube Video Getting Oriented with Blackboard Learn to get started with learning how to organise your course menu and material, having an organised course will help all students on your course.
- JISC: Using assistive and accessible technology in teaching and learning JISC .
- UK Association for Accessible Formats .
- Web based service that allows users to convert documents into a range of alternate media including audio books and digital Braille.
- Can also be used to convert image-only PDF files and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into more accessible formats.
- Link to Sensus access on Bangor Library Web pages
Other Useful Resources:
- RNIB - Beginner's guide to assistive technology.
- Bangor Student Servives Clear Print Guidelines can help to ensure that all students can access your documents.
- Guide to accessible powerpoint University of Edinburgh.