Skype for Business
Skype for Business is a communication and collaboration tool that is installed automatically on all staff University PCs and University staff laptops as part of Microsoft Office 365.
Note Skype for Business and the home version Skype are different.
With Skype for Business you can communicate with colleagues and work groups using Instant Messaging (IM), make a voice or video call or online meeting. When you are logged in to Skype for Business it uses Presence to shows other colleagues that are logged in whether you are available, busy or away and unable to answer.
The main features include:
- Instant Messaging with colleagues
- Setting your presence to let other people see at a glance
- Using the Bangor Contacts directory to find people to connect to – no need to remember skype IDs
- Full 1080P video resolution (with compatible web cams)
- Integration into the Outlook email and calendar system – useful to set up Lync meetings
- Conferencing people without any special software installed