Open Access Week
Launch of Open Access week at Bangor 22-28 October 2018 #OAWeek
- Monday 22nd October, 1-2pm: Main Library. All staff and students welcome. Launch of Open Access week at Bangor – drop in for tea/coffee and cake – table in the main entrance
- Tuesday 23rd October, 11am-12pm: Deiniol Building (Room AD008). All staff and students welcome. Open Data Discussion: Cataloguing marine data. Beth Hall (Repository and Research Data Manager - maternity cover) – will discuss research data management with Cathy Blakey (Data Librarian for SEACAMS 2 and ENVOKH). Drop in session. All welcome. Free tea/coffee and biscuits.
- Tuesday 23rd October, 1-2pm Deiniol Building (Room AD035) Open Access week training session: How to make your outputs Open Access via PURE. Drop in session. All staff and postgraduate researchers welcome.
- Wednesday 24th October , 10.30am-3pm: Reichel Hall. Library staff (other interested staff and postgraduate researchers should contact Jenny Greene for more info) WHELF copyright roadshow. Come along and play the Copyright card game and hosted discussion on all thing copyright. Facilitators: Marie Lancaster (Cardiff Metropolitan University) and Scott Pryor (Cardiff University). Contact Jenny Greene for more information.
- Thursday 25th October, 10-11am Alun_101 Postgraduate students. Doctoral School training session: An introduction to Open Access publishing. Book here: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/doctoral-school/workshops/programme/
- Thursday 25th October, 12-2pm: Undeb Bangor, Pontio 4th floor. Postgraduate Researchers . For postgraduate researchers: PhTea conversation about Open Access with free tea/coffee and cakes. Drop in session. https://www.undebbangor.com/voice/campaigns/phtea/
- Thursday 25th October, All Day . Online Only #ThesisThursday and #OAThesis Social media campaign promoting Open Access Theses
- Friday 26th October, 10-11.30am: Pontio PL5. All staff and students welcome. Royal Society Publishing workshop. The Publishing team at the Royal Society will be visiting Bangor to deliver a publishing workshop aimed at Masters, PhD researchers and Post-docs, but all staff members are welcome to attend. The session will cover all aspects of how to publish a scientific paper in high-quality international journals. Register to participate