Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 24 March 2020
Dear Colleagues and Students,
In response to the rapidly developing situation in respect of COVID-19 we have been transitioning to a new way of working – one that safeguards the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and students.
We have already instigated several changes to our service to ensure that we are continuing to provide an exceptional student experience and supporting high quality research. We have increased remote support as well as securing access to a wider collection of electronic resources.
This is a rapidly changing situation and in line with updated Government guidance, we have now closed all of our library buildings.
We would like to assure you that we will continue to support your learning and research needs. Here is our action plan:
- We are providing lots of additional electronic material available online. Keep an eye on our social media channels and our Library Catalogue for updates.
- We will continue to develop and enhance our capacity to support the online services we offer our students and staff. For instance, we already have an electronic copy (licence permitting) of all books on your reading lists.
- Our interlibrary loan service remains fully operational and provides high speed electronic access to digital copies of articles and book chapters from materials not held in our Libraries.
- Academic and Research Support sessions will continue to be delivered online and we will be increasing our offering in this respect.
- All of our social media communications will continue and will be an up to date source of information and communication with our users.
- The Archives and Special Collections will maintain a remote enquiry service. We will also be sharing information about our collections and activities via our mailing list and on social media. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will keep the action plan under continual review and will aim to reopen our buildings as soon as it is safe to do so.
Whilst our buildings may be closed, we as a service are most definitely still open. Check out our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook feeds to see what we’re up to. Keep talking to us and telling us what you need and we’ll do our best to provide it.
Contact us at email@example.com
Publication date: 24 March 2020