For more information about other libraries, please click on a link below:
- LINC y Gogledd Public/College & University Libraries in partnership across North Wales.
- SCONUL Access Scheme Sconul access is a co-operative venture between higher education libraries across the UK.
- National Libraries
EDUROAM (wi-fi access)
eduroam is a global network of research and education institutions. It allows secure access to an internet connection for users at any eduroam enabled site by using their log on credentials from their home site.
This means Bangor users can travel to any eduroam enabled site and connect to the eduroam network there, and guests from other eduroam sites can connect to our eduroam network at Bangor.
Online Catalogues of other libraries
- Archives Hub: A national gateway providing free access to descriptions of archives and manuscript collections held in UK universities and colleges. The service covers archives in over 80 academic institutions and holds over 20,000 collection descriptions across a broad range of subjects.
- Archives Wales: This online catalogue provides information about more than 7,000 collections of historical records in the holdings of 21 archives in Wales. These archives are open to the public and you can use this site to plan your visit and find out more. The catalogue operates as an index to sources including corporate papers and business archives, personal papers and diaries of prominent literary, artistic, political or other figures (living and dead), estate archives, council, academic and church records. Archives Wales forms part of the UK's National Archives Network.
- British Library Catalogue:Main catalogue containing records for books, serials, printed music, maps and newspapers in the British Library's collections.
- Welsh Libraries Find a Book: Brings together publicly accessible library catalogues from all across Wales into a single search. It is possible to search for material in any Public, Higher Education or Further Education library or libraries in a particular region.
- Conwy & Gwynedd Library Catalogues:Search the catalogues of Anglesey, Conwy and Gwynedd libraries for books, music and information.
- Copac:A library catalogue which gives free access to the merged online catalogues of major university, specialist, and national Libraries in the UK and Ireland.
- English Short Title Catalogue:The English Short Title Catalogue (ESTC) lists over 460,000 items published between 1473 and 1800. The items listed are mainly, but not exclusively, in English and published in the British Isles and North America.
- Hermes: Freely available database providing details of audio-visual materials currently in distribution throughout the UK. Entries are selected for their usefulness in higher and further education and cover films, videos, DVDs, slides, sound recordings, tape-slide packages, computer courseware and interactive multimedia.
- Library of Congess Online Catalogue: The Library of Congress Online Catalogue is a database of records representing the vast collection of materials held by the Library, including books, serials, computer files, manuscripts, cartographic materials, music, sound recordings, and visual materials. In addition to these records, the Online Catalog provides cross-references, notes, and circulation status, as well as information about Library materials still in the acquisitions stage.
- National Library of Scotland Catalogue: This online catalogue covers the majority of the NLS's printed collections. It also contains entries for recent music items, and for printed maps and atlases and some manuscript maps.
- National Library of Wales Catalogue: Search the Library's collections including books, maps, photographs, electronic resources and other materials. Please note: First time users will need to registerin order to join the NLW as an Online Member.
- National Library of Wales External e-resources: This is the National Library of Wales' collection of e-resources that can be accessed externally if you live in Wales and have a Welsh postcode. You will need to register online to obtain a username and password before you can access the e-resources.
- Natural Resource Wales:The web catalogue for NRW's collection of books, reports, journals and government publications.
- Open Library:A free ebook borrowing service. It provides access to scanned versions of books and where an electronic copy is not freely available there are links to online booksellers and library catalogues. Please note: You will need to complete a one-off registration process before you are able to borrow e-books
- RAMBI Index of Articles on Jewish Studies: A selective bibliography of articles in the various fields of Jewish studies and in the study of Eretz Israel. Material listed in Rambi is compiled mainly from the holdings of the Jewish National and University Library.
- SALSER: Serials catalogue for Scottish academic and research libraries. (Available through Suncat)
- SUNCAT:A free tool for locating serials held in UK libraries. The catalogue contains the serials holdings of 67 UK research libraries, the CONSER database, the ISSN register and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- UCL Archive:Online database of archive and manuscript holdings for Special Collections and the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES) at UCL. Includes catalogues to collections relating to author George Orwell, human geneticist Sir Francis Galton and politician Hugh Gaitskell.
- UK Public Libraries :The Direct.gov site allows you to find out about local public libraries.
- World Digital Library: A joint UNESCO/Library of Congress initiative, this catalogue includes digitised primary materials reflecting the heritage of every UNESCO member state. Material is in multilingual format.
- WorldCat:OCLC catalogue of books and other materials in libraries worldwide. Also includes article-level records from Medline, JSTOR, Elsevier, etc.