Please choose one of the following questions for further information:
- Who can join the library as an external borrower?
- If I join the library as an external borrower what am I entitled to?
- Can I use the libraries PCs to surf the internet?
- Can I use Bangor E-resources?
- Can I use the Interlibrary-loan service?
The following categories of user are eligible to join the library as external borrowers free of charge upon production of proof of identity and status
• Graduates of Bangor University (referred via the Alumni Office)
• Currently registered Open University Students
• Nurses, midwives and radiographers employed by Health Trusts across North Wales
• Students of other institutions who are following a course franchised by Bangor University or under the auspices of the Community University of North Wales
• Staff & Students of other Higher Educational Institutions which have reciprocal arrangements with Bangor, eg Glyndŵr students
• Staff & Students of other Higher Educational Institutions which are members of national schemes to which Bangor belongs, eg UK Libraries Plus, Sconul Research extra.
• Members of any public library or college in north Wales. (see section below - LINC y Gogledd)
Anyone not included in the above categories can join as an external borrower upon payment of a security deposit and annual subscription. Contact the Desk Services Manager for further details.
If you are eligible to join the library as an external borrower you are entitled to:
- Borrow up to six items
- Use the library for reference purposes
- Use the self-service photocopying facilities
- Access certain online information resources where permitted by licensing
No. Use of the networked (i.e. Internet) PCs is restricted by login to Bangor University staff and students only, however you can use the dedicated Library Catalogue PCs to search our and other library catalogue worldwide.
Bangor University now offers visitors access to a selection of subscribed Electronic Resources subject to registration*. Due to agreements we hold with publishers this use can only be for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study and/or research. To see the complete list of resources available please click here. Currently this service is only available at the Main Library branch however should the pilot be successful we will look at rolling out the service to all library branches. Please check opening hours before you visit. Please note that Walk-in access is “first come first served” on a dedicated computer, this service may also be restricted at busy times. *Please see a member of the customer service team who will provide the registration forms, proof of identity will be required. It is also essential you read the following documents.
Yes, but please be aware that requests cost a minimum of £10 per item, must be paid for in advance, and the charge is non-refundable.