Resources available to visitors
External users (borrowers or not) have access to a range of library facilities, for example:
Free borrowing membership is available to users from the following categories free of charge upon production of proof of identity and status
- Graduates of Bangor (referred via the Alumni Office)
- Currently registered Open University Students
- Nurses, midwives and radiographers employed by Health Trusts across North Wales
- Students of other institutions who are following a course franchised by Bangor or under the auspices of the Community University of North Wales
- Staff & Students of other Higher Educational Institutions which have reciprocal arrangements with Bangor, eg Glyndŵr students
- Staff & Students of other Higher Educational Institutions which are members of national schemes to which Bangor belongs, e.g. Sconul Access.
- Members of any public library service or college in north Wales. Visit the LINC y Gogledd page.
Anyone not included in the above categories can join as an external borrower upon payment of a security deposit and annual subscription contact Marc Duggan for details.
In addition to searching our library catalogue, dedicated catalogue PCs allow to search other library catalogues worldwide and, subject to licensing, will give you restricted access to some electronic journals and database. Please be aware though that you are not permitted to download or print from these e-resources.
For more information on our Walk-in Access service click here
Printers are available at all libraries. Our printers provide A3 and A4 sizes of printing as well as reduction, enlargement and colour print/copy facilities.
Please respect copyright law and the terms of the Higher Education Copyright licensing agreement; details are displayed next to the photocopiers.