Guaranteed accommodation for your first year
A room in our student halls of residences is guaranteed to all first-years who make an application before the given deadline and hold Bangor as their Firm Choice. We currently have around 3,000 rooms available. All our accommodation is self-catered and the majority of our halls are en-suite.
Most our halls are situated at Ffriddoedd Village and St Mary’s Student Village.
Why live in halls?
We believe that living in halls will give you the best start to your university life. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Our halls were voted best in the UK for quality of accommodation at the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2016.
- All our accommodation is within walking distance of University buildings and the city centre.
- A large team of Wardens and 24/7 Security Staff are there to support you.
- Prices include all bills for internet, heating, electricity, hot water.
- You’ll meet new people, make new friends easily and enjoy a sense of community!
Free gym and Campus Life membership
All students living in University accommodation receive free gym and Campus Life membership. Campus Life runs a programme of free events throughout the year, including film nights, quizzes, trips and outdoor activities.
The University’s sport centre, Canolfan Brailsford, is located at the Ffriddoedd Village and there is a Fitness Room at St Mary’s Village.
For more information about our halls of residence, and to find out how to apply for a room, visit the Accommodation website.
Where is our accommodation?
All residential sites in Bangor are within walking distance of the city centre and main university departments – our halls are so convenient you won’t have to spend your money on bus fares or petrol to travel to and from halls. If you have visited us on an Open Day, you may have already visited halls.