The School of Medical Sciences, the youngest School in the University, is already the focus for Medical Education in North Wales. It has excellent research and teaching links with the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board which is one of the largest in the UK.
Programmes grounded in modern medical practice
Many staff hold joint appointments which will afford undergraduates excellent exposure to practicing clinicians and ensure the programmes are grounded in modern medical practice.
- Biomedical Science BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- Biomedical Science with Foundation Year BSc (Hons) (4 years)
- Medical Biology BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- Medical Sciences BMedSci (Hons) (3 years)
- Medical Sciences with Foundation Year BMedSci (Hons) (4 years)
- Medicine: North Wales* MBBCh (4 years)
Under a feeder stream agreement on successful completion of the BMed Sci students are eligible to apply for the four year Graduate Entry Scheme (MBBCh) at Cardiff University. Please note to apply for this PG programme you will need to fulfill all their additional criteria which includes but not limited to specific ordinary and advanced level 2 and 3 achievement and successful completion of the entrance exam (GAMSAT).