Dr Shuai Zhao
- Dr Shuai Zhao
- Lecturer in Translation Studies and Head of Chinese
Coordinator of MA in Translation Studies,
Internationalization Officer for SMLC,
Assistant Director of Confucius Institute at Bangor University
- 01248 382551 (2551 internal)
- Room 403, New Arts Building
I hold a Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics from the University of Sheffield and a MA from the University of St Andrews. Before I joined Bangor University as a Lecturer in Translation Studies and Head of Chinese Studies, I had been working at the University of Nottingham.
As the Coordinator of the MA in Translation Studies, I convene the following modules:
My main research interests are in the field of Translation Studies, Chinese Studies and Chinese Applied Linguistics. I am an active member in ITI, BACS, BCLTS and BAAL. PhD and postgraduate applicants are more than welcome in the relevant research fields.
- Zhao, S. and Guo, Z. (eds.) (2017) Inheritance and Innovation: Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Foreign Language, Applied Chinese Language Studies VIII, Sinolingua, London: London Ltd.
- Zhao, S. (2017). The Effect of Instruction on L2 Writing in Chinese: A T-unit analysis, in Lu, Y. (ed.) Teaching and Learning Mandarin Chinese in High Education. Abingdon: Taylor and Francis.
- Zhao, S. (2013). Teaching translation between English and Chinese to undergraduate students learning Chinese as a foreign language, BCLTS, Sinolingua London Ltd., London.
- Zhao, S (2013). English-test changes make great sense, China Daily European Edition. http://africa.chinadaily.com.cn/weekly/2013-12/20/content_17187124.htm