Legal System England & Wales
Rhedir gan School of Law
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Ms Sarah Thomas Morgan
Introduction to Law is a compulsory module in the LLB programme. The aim of this module is to provide students with an overview of the key aspects of the English Legal System and an opportunity to develop an understanding of legal principles as they apply to the English Legal System. The module will also allow students to study the key areas of the English Legal System and to consider their importance.
The module introduces the student to the English Legal System, providing a framework to study what is Law, how the system operates and the system in a social context. The module examines the court structure, both civil and criminal, the judiciary, lawyers and the role and significance of lay participation in the system (magistrates, juries and tribunal members) and the development of Human Rights Law. Where relevant, comparisons will be drawn to the Welsh body of law that is emerging from the devolved administration. Students will be encouraged to develop a critical analysis of the system as it moves into the 21st century, in comparison with other countries and with attention to its history.
An answer which, while predominantly correct in its presentation of material, contains a significant level of error and is therefore not entirely reliable.
A comprehensive answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in an argument which, while clear, logical and critical, leaves room for improvement in its construction and presentation. An answer which shows complete competence in the subject.
An outstanding, possibly brilliant, answer, containing all the material relevant to the question and no irrelevancy, all the material and references being accurate and correct, there being no inaccuracy or error, the whole presented in a clear, logical, critical argument with little room for improvement. An answer which demonstrates a complete mastery of the subject.
Demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of a particular area of the English legal system and the principles that apply in that legal system.
Describe developments and reform of the particular areas of the legal system.
Be able to find, use and identify sources of legal information.
Demonstrate the ability to analyse legal information and apply it to resolve issues.
Develop the ability to communicate legal reasoning both orally and in writing.
Demonstrate the ability to undertake independent and team legal research.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
The module will be taught by means of 36 hours of lectures over the course of two semesters.
There will be 8 hours of tutorials over the course of two semesters. Tutorials will routinely require students to engage individually and in groups in acquiring, commenting upon, critically evaluating and applying the principles and details of the subject under the guidance and instruction of the tutor.
The module requires students to undertake private study in order to complete tutorial preparation, an essay and exam preparation.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Develop the ability to interpret legal rules and employ techniques of legal reasoning competently and efficiently in order to offer a range of solutions and conclusions to actual or hypothetical complex legal problems, all supported by relevant academic literature, jurisprudence and legislative research. Such solutions will be clearly communicated and presented
- Develop the ability to analyse complex legal issues, set against the background of the political, social, economic or cultural contexts in which they may arise
- Develop those skills which are necessary for scholarship and research in legal subjects, namely the ability to identify relevant primary and secondary legal sources and to retrieve accurate legal information using paper and electronic sources
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/sxl-1113.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- M115: LLB Law with English Literature (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/ILEL)
- M100: LLB Law year 1 (LLB/L)
- M11B: LLB Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (LLB/L1)
- M1N4: LLB Law with Acc and Finance year 1 (LLB/LAF)
- M1NB: LLB Law with Accounting & Finance (4yr with Incorp Found) year 1 (LLB/LAF1)
- M1N1: LLB Law with Business Studies year 1 (LLB/LBS)
- MN1B: LLB Law with Business (4year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (LLB/LBS1)
- MT11: LLB Law with Chinese year 1 (LLB/LC)
- MT12: LLB Law with Chinese (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LCIE)
- M1W1: LLB Law with Creative Media Writing year 1 (LLB/LCMW)
- M1W2: LLB Law with Creative Media Writing (International Exp) year 1 (LLB/LCMWI)
- M1R1: LLB Law with French year 1 (LLB/LF)
- M116: LLB Law with French (European Experience) year 1 (LLB/LFE)
- M117: LLB Law with German (European Experience) year 1 (LLB/LGE)
- M1V1: LLB Law with History year 1 (LLB/LH)
- M1V2: LLB Law with History (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LHI)
- M102: LLB Law (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LI)
- M103: LLB Law with Accounting & Finance (Intl Exp) year 1 (LLB/LIA)
- M104: LLB Law with Business Studies (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LIB)
- M108: LLB Law with Social Policy (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LIF)
- M110: LLB Law with Welsh (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LIH)
- M113: LLB Law with Criminology (Intl Exp) year 1 (LLB/LIK)
- M118: LLB Law with Italian (European Experience) year 1 (LLB/LITE)
- M1P1: LLB Law with Media Studies year 1 (LLB/LMS)
- M1P2: LLB Law with Media Studies (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LMSI)
- M1L2: LLB Law with Politics year 1 (LLB/LPOL)
- M1V5: LLB Law with Philosophy and Religion year 1 (LLB/LPR)
- M119: LLB Law with Spanish (European Experience) year 1 (LLB/LSE)
- M1L4: LLB Law with Social Policy year 1 (LLB/LSP)
- M1LB: LLB Law with Social Policy (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (LLB/LSP1)
- M1Q5: LLB Law with Welsh year 1 (LLB/LW)
- M1M9: LLB Law with Criminology year 1 (LLB/LWCR)
- M1MB: LLB Law with Criminology (4 yr with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (LLB/LWCR1)
- M1QK: LLB Law with English Literature year 1 (LLB/LWEL)