Fusion Ensemble 2
Rhedir gan School of Music and Media
10 Credyd neu 5 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Richard Craig
This module provides the opportunity to develop ensemble performance skills and concepts beyond traditional Western art music. It will incorporate popular music, jazz, traditional music, music from various (world) music cultures and experimental/contemporary ideas. Improvisation, learning by ear and playing from memory will be emphasised, as will experimentation and combining different approaches.
The module is open to players of all instruments and singers. It will incorporate opportunities to work with the School of Music’s collection of world instruments. The module will be co-taught with other ensemble modules providing scope for collaborating with overseas students and ‘classical’ ensemble players.
- Structured and led performance workshops: students are divided into small groups and provided with suggestions for structuring a piece and improvising. The resulting music is performed, discussed and verbal feedback is given.
- Classes introducing performance concepts leading to practical experimentation: various approaches to improvisation and group performance are explained and demonstrated. Students then have the opportunity to practice these in performance.
- Supervised rehearsals: students are given time to work on pieces for examination. The tutor will monitor progress and help with feedback, suggestions and encouragement.
D- - D+: Performances which demonstrate adequate musicality and technique, and satisfactory contribution to and interaction with other members of the ensemble. Written work that is intelligible.
C- - B+: Performances which are persuasive, displaying good levels of improvisatory ability, musicality and technique, and with effective contribution to and interaction with other members of the ensemble. Written work that is engaging and insightful.
A- - A**: Performances which are compelling and convincing, display high levels of improvisatory ability, musicality and technique, and which demonstrate very strong contribution to and interaction with other members of the ensemble, perhaps demonstrating potential leadership qualities. Written work that is focused and highly original.
Developed skills in ensemble performance and improvisation
Developed skills of collaborative musical arrangement, of teamwork and communication
Widened their practical experience of music cultures and instruments
Developed skills in communicating about performance through writing
|ARHOLIAD||Fusion Ensemble Performance||
Ensemble performance of 8 minutes, to be given during the assessment period of S2.
Reflective write-up on working with the Fusion Ensemble.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Musicianship skills – recognition, classification, contextualisation, reconstruction, exploration
- Re-creative skills – interpretation, innovation, versatility, and other skills relating to performance
- Creative skills – conception, elaboration, adaptation, presentation, collaboration, preservation
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxp-2254.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- W3P3: BA Astudiaethau'r Cyfr & Cherdd year 2 (BA/ACC)
- WW93: BA Creative Studies and Music year 2 (BA/CSTMUS)
- 32N6: BA English Literature and Music year 2 (BA/ELM)
- VW23: BA Hanes Cymru a Cherddoriaeth year 2 (BA/HCAC)
- VW13: BA History and Music year 2 (BA/HMU)
- W3H6: BA Music and Electronic Engineering year 2 (BA/MEE)
- WV33: Music & Hist & Welsh Hist (IE) year 2 (BA/MHIE)
- W303: BA Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MIE)
- PW33: BA Media Studies and Music year 2 (BA/MSMUS)
- RW13: BA Music/French year 2 (BA/MUFR)
- WR32: BA Music/German year 2 (BA/MUGE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 2 (BA/MUIT)
- W300: BA Music year 2 (BA/MUS)
- WW38: BA Music and Creative Writing year 2 (BA/MUSCW)
- WW36: BA Music and Film Studies year 2 (BA/MUSFS)
- WR34: BA Music/Spanish year 2 (BA/MUSP)
- VVW3: BA Philosophy and Religion and Music year 2 (BA/PRM)
- QW53: BA Cymraeg/Music year 2 (BA/WMU)
- W304: BMus Music (with International Experience) year 2 (BMUS/MIE)
- W302: BMUS Music year 2 (BMUS/MUS)