Conservation Field Course
Rhedir gan School of Natural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Paul Cross
This module gives students the opportunity to see how the principles of conservation that are discussed in earlier parts of their course are put into practice. During visits to areas which are managed for a range of objectives, students meet conservation managers working on behalf of different stakeholders and engage in discussion with them.
The MSc Conservation and Land Management comprises visits to nature reserves and farms run by Welsh Government organisations, trusts, local authorities, community groups and private individuals.
Grade A- to A**: The report gives a comprehensive and critical account of a topic that is discussed during the field trip. The accompanying literature review shows evidence of an ability to collate and critically appraise information from a variety of sources; all of the material included is relevant and all the important literature sources are included. The link between the principles and theory described in the literature review to the practice(s) seen during the trip is fully and thoughtfully discussed. Both the report and the review are logically structured and well written, with only minor typographical errors and no mistakes in the referencing.
Grade B- to B+: The report gives a comprehensive account of a topic that is discussed during the field trip. The accompanying literature review shows evidence of ability to collate and appraise information from a variety of sources; all of the material included is relevant and most of the important literature sources are included. The link between the principles and theory described in the literature review to the practice(s) seen during the trip is discussed. The report is logically structured and well written, with only minor typographical errors and very few mistakes in the referencing.
Grade C- to C+: The report gives a factually correct account of a topic that is discussed during the field trip, including some quantitative information. The accompanying literature review shows evidence of ability to collate information from a variety of sources; the majority of the material included is relevant although some relevant literature sources are not included. An attempt has been made to link the principles and theory described in the literature review to the practice(s) seen during the trip. Both the report and the review are logically structured, the majority of the writing is clear, and referencing uses a standard system.
Demonstrate an ability to accurately relate concepts to applied, real-world scenarios .
Demonstrate a critical appreciation of the ways in which the principles of conservation management are applied in practice.
Demonstrate a detailed understanding of an exemplar issue within conservation and land management
|Field Trip Report||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Site visits and discussion
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Conduct fieldwork and/or laboratory work competently with awareness of appropriate risk assessment and ethical considerations
- Recognize and apply appropriate theories and concepts from a range of disciplines.
- Consider issues from a range of interdisciplinary perspectives.
- Apply subject knowledge to the understanding and addressing of problems.
- Engage in debate and/or discussion with specialists and non-specialists using appropriate language.
- Undertake field and/or laboratory studies of living systems.
- Understand the provisional nature of information and appreciate competing and alternative explanations.
- Recognize the moral, ethical and social issues relating to the subject.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of risk assessment and relevant legislation
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- D9AN: MSc Conservation and Land Management year 1 (MSC/CLM)
- D9AZ: MSc Conservation and Land Management (TRANSFOR-M exch prog) year 1 (MSC/CLMTFM)