Developing our practices
- Cledwyn 3
- Wednesday 24 January 2018, 13:00–16:00
- Paddy Turner
One of two sessions led by Paddy Turner, Academic Developer at Sheffield Hallam University and Chair of National Association of Disability Practitioners.
To explore the context in which we practice and develop inclusive approaches to teaching, learning and assessment. We will explore our beliefs and assumptions about the purpose of higher education and how these relate to genuine conflicts in the process of inclusive development. How can we overcome these?
- Recognise the current drivers for inclusive teaching development
- Reflect upon the purpose and assumptions held for HE teaching
- Recognise and identify unconscious barriers preventing inclusive enhancements
- Raised confidence to initiate independent changes to classroom teaching towards inclusion