The Centre for Photonics Expertise (CPE) Launch Event
- The OpTIC Centre, St. Asaph Business Park, St Asaph, LL17 0JD
- Tuesday 9 April 2019, 12:00–17:00
- More information:
The Centre for Photonics Expertise (CPE) has recently been established across Wales unifying the developed Photonics capabilities within four Welsh universities.
Photonics is an enabling technology with very diverse applications in almost every industry sector and everyday life of mankind.
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government, CPE Programme is led by Wrexham Glyndŵr University from its OpTIC Centre in St Asaph in partnership with Aberystwyth University, Bangor University and University of South Wales.
CPE’s aim is to draw together the Photonics expertise and resource already existing at the four partner universities to deliver cross sector, industry driven photonics solutions, strengthening the Photonics market penetration of Wales “PLC” worldwide via a shared pan Wales Photonics Technology Presence.
CPE seeks to carry out research projects leading to effective improvement in new product / process development for Welsh industry and creating a solid organisational foundation for future inward investments to build the Welsh economy.
Come along to this event to:
- discover what opportunities CPE can offer your business or organisation;
- find out how this valuable ERDF funded program can benefit your business whatever size or sector you operate in;
- share your views and technical challenges with experts during the networking sessions.
Innovate UK will be holding briefing event between 09:00 – 12:00. The briefing event will focus on the upcoming EUREKA Photonics competition for international collaborative R&D projects with a scope on Photonics for Advanced manufacturing. For further details please click here.