Archive of the month
Photograph of St. Mary's College, Bangor, c.1900. The old football field, now the site of Asda, can be seen in the foreground.
St Mary's College, Bangor, was built in 1893 as a Church in Wales Teacher Training College for Women. It was amalgamated with the University College of North Wales (Bangor University) in 1977.
Picture published by E.T.W. Dennis & Sons Ltd.
Bangor University Archives are responsible for the care and storage of the early College Records as well as our Archives Collections and General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts. All of these manuscript collections are bound by one common factor, their relevance to the history, people and topography of North Wales. However, their subject areas are wide ranging and are of national as well as local historical interest.
Publication date: 2 November 2015