SOSA Reunion 2015
"A Phoenix Rises": A grand reunion of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni (SOSA) to celebrate the completion of Marine Centre Wales. Find out more...
- What does gathering from the seashore mean to the modern hunter gatherer
5 December 2018
- What seabirds can tell us about the tide
29 November 2018
- Why are we getting these warm wild winds?
29 November 2018
- What planet Earth might look like when the next supercontinent forms – four scenarios
27 November 2018
- Bangor University receives two Athena SWAN awards
25 October 2018
- Read all news
- Bangor Alumni website
- Marine Mammals Studies Network
- Marine Ecology
- Careers in Marine Science (CIMS)
School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA)
SOSA is run by the School of Ocean Sciences to maintain contact with past students in Marine Science and related studies.
All former students and staff of the School of Ocean Sciences (SOS), Bangor University are eligible for membership of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA) and unlike many such Alumni bodies our membership is free. All you need to do is to register your contact details and to inform us of any changes as they occur.
The SOSA sends out Newsletters to all past students & staff for whom we have an up to date address and they host social and careers events within Bangor University, such as Reunion Dinners, including the Jubilee Dinner, celebrating 50 years of Marine Science at Bangor University, held in June 1998.
In 2008, we celebrated 60 years with a Grand Reunion, including a public lecture by Alastair Fothergill (Series Producer, Planet Earth, BBC Natural History Unit), tours, dinner and presentations.