Planning & Governance Office
The Planning and Governance Office* is led by the Director of Planning & Governance who also holds the role of University Secretary.
The office provides leadership, co-ordination and support for the University in terms of strategic planning, business intelligence, governance, compliance matters, emergency planning, policy development and strategic partnerships.
These activities include:
- Strategic Planning - development and monitoring of the University's strategic plan and key performance indicators; support for strategic planning with academic Schools and Central Services; student number and resource planning; liaison with HEFCW on strategic issues; business and scenario planning.
- Analytics & Information Provision – the provision of management information within the university, including development of the Business Intelligence system and benchmarking capabilities; statutory data returns to HEFCW and HESA; responding to ad hoc information requests.
- Governance, Management & Policy Development - processes of decision-making, the role of the Council, Court, Senate, Executive, and Task Groups.
- Legal & Constitutional Matters - Charter, Statutes, Charitable status, regulations, Privy Council issues, etc.
- Strategic Partnerships – including oversight of the Aberystwyth-Bangor Strategic Alliance and project management of the Partnership with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board.
- Compliance Matters – legal compliance (including data protection, freedom of information, environmental information, freedom of speech, child protection, Prevent duty, conflict of interest, declaration of interests) and police liaison.
- Emergency Management – coordinating and managing incidents, emergency management / business continuity policies, procedures and training.
- Ethics and Research Ethics - co-ordination of ethical issues including the University Ethics Committee and the Animal Welfare and Ethical Review Body.
- Strategic Change - identification and implementation of Strategic Change Projects aimed at improving business systems and processes. This includes support for Schools, Colleges and Central Services in their change management projects.
* the Planning & Governance Office was established in 2014 from a merger of the Planning & Resources Office, the Compliance Unit and some of the duties of the Registrar's Office