Mindfulness-Based Approaches (Train to be a Mindfulness Teacher and get a Masters degree) MA/PGDip/PGCert
- Name: Mindfulness-Based Approaches (Train to be a Mindfulness Teacher and get a Masters degree)
- Qualification: Students who successfully complete both four taught modules and a research thesis receive an MSc in Mindfulness-Based Approaches. Those successfully completing two taught modules receive a Postgraduate Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Approaches, and four completed modules gives a Postgraduate Diploma in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
Train to be a mindfulness teacher and gain a Masters degree
- This Masters will enable you to train to become a mindfulness teacher, and also get a Masters degree at the same time.
- This route takes five years to complete.
- You can gain the Certificate of competence in teaching MBSR and MBCT (subject to meeting criteria) which is the highest mindfulness teaching award in the UK
- Gives you the opportunity to train with a group of like-minded people and to deeply explore your own mindfulness practice as you train.
Course content is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to change.
The course will take the following format:
- Year 1: Foundation
- Year 2: Teaching 1
- Year 3: Teaching 2
- Year 4: Assessed Teaching Practice
- Year 5: Thesis module
- Research Module: The one-year research module is compulsory if you wish to do a Masters, the module can be taken alongside any module and it must be before taking the thesis module. It is up to you to decide which year you would like to take it during the four years.
- A good undergraduate or postgraduate degree (usually at a minimum 2:ii standard). Equivalent professional and practical experience in life and work can also be considered.
- Have completed a teacher-led 8-week mindfulness course (Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy or Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction), taught to a group over 8 weeks.
- Frequent and regular meditation practice (normally on a daily basis) of mindfulness meditation, preferably as taught in MBSR and MBCT, for at least a year before starting the programme.
- IT requirements: students must have a computer in good working order (with basic software such as Microsoft Office as a minimum), access to the Internet, and the IT skills required to use these systems.
- For students who do not have English or Welsh as a first language, a IELTS score of 6.0 (with no element below 5.5) is required.
Please see the prospectus for more details about our entry requirements.
For information and further detailed guidance on entry requirements for International Students, including the minimum English Language entry requirement, please visit the Entry Requirements by Country pages on the International Education Centre section of our website.
Ask the IEC for assistance...
If you want advice or a general chat about what’s available contact the International Education Centre on +44 (0) 1248 382028 or email email@example.com
Apply throughout the year!
Our system is open all year round to apply.
If we fill the course for a particular year we will then close applications for that year and make that clear on our website.
Please note that we start interviewing around January each year.
Click here for the online application form.
- Applied Behaviour Analysis MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Clinical and Health Psychology MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Consumer Psychology with Business MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Counselling MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Mindfulness-Based Approaches (5 years) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Mindfulness-Based Approaches (Train to be a Mindfulness Teacher and get a Masters degree) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Neuroimaging MSc/PGDip/PGCert