Why study with us?
Why study at the School of Social Sciences?
- Students from countries worldwide attend the School of Social Sciences for undergraduate, masters and research training, creating a dynamic learning environment.
- Our staff undertake research of national and international reputation and have written major text books and articles published in top academic journals.
- We aim to provide a friendly, supportive and stimulating learning environment, supplemented by contributions from practitioners in the statutory, voluntary and independent sectors.
- Undergraduate degree structure is flexible enough to offer a range of specialisms and breadth of choice.
- We have a long history of high quality social work education and a long-standing, strong and effective partnership with social service agencies in North Wales.
- Under our personal tutor scheme, a member of lecturing staff will monitor the student’s academic progress and will offer help, advice and support on an individual basis.
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as a firm choice. Our accommodation has been rated in the Top 5 in the UK at the 2017 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.