Staff Profile of Prof Neil Walsh
- Prof Neil Walsh FACSM
- Professor, Director Extremes Research Group
- (01248) 38 3480
- George Building, Normal Site
View Neil Walsh's video biography here.
Follow Neil on Twitter https://twitter.com/ProfNeilWalsh
- Influence of exercise training, diet and environmental stress on immunity
- Non-invasive biomarkers of immunity and hydration
- Novel strategies for heat acclimation
Neil’s publications can be found at: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Neil_Walsh
- Zurawlew MJ, Walsh NP, Fortes MB and Potter C. (2016). Post-exercise hot water immersion induces heat acclimation and improves endurance exercise performance in the heat. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports. doi: 10.1111/sms.12638.
Hanstock HG, Walsh NP, Edwards JP, Fortes MB, Cosby SL, Nugent A, Curran T, Coyle PV, Ward MD and Aw Yong XH. (2016). Tear fluid SIgA as a non-invasive biomarker of mucosal immunity and common cold risk. Medicine & Science in Sport & Exercise. 48, 569-77.
- Diment BC, Fortes MB, Edwards JP, Hanstock HG, Ward MD, Dunstall HM, Friedmann PS, Walsh NP. (2015). Exercise intensity and duration effects on in vivo immunity. Medicine & Science in Sport & Exercise. 47, 1390-8.
- Walsh NP, Gleeson M, Shephard, RJ, Gleeson M, Woods, JA, Bishop NC, Fleshner F, Green C, Pedersen BK, Hoffman-Goetz L, Rogers CJ, Northoff H, Abbasi A and Simon P (2011). Position Statement Part One: Immune Function and Exercise. Exercise Immunology Review, 17, 6-63.
- Walsh NP, Gleeson M, Pyne DB, Nieman DC, Dhabhar FS, Shephard, RJ, Oliver SJ, Bermon S and Kajeniene A (2011). Position Statement Part Two: Maintaining Immune Health. Exercise Immunology Review, 17, 64-103.
- Fortes MB, Diment BC, Di Felice U, Gunn AE, Kendall JL, Esmaeelpour M and Walsh NP (2011). Tear fluid osmolarity as a potential marker of hydration status. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 43, 1590-7.
Click on the book title for details.Gleeson M, Bishop NC and Walsh NP (2013). Exercise Immunology. Routledge: Abingdon, UK.
- Editorial board, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise; Exercise Immunology Review
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (FACSM)
- Full member of BASES and The Physiology Society
- Full member of International Sport and Exercise Immunology Society
Sport Nutrition; Environmental Physiology