Sports and Exercise Science Degree Courses
The School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences offers a range of undergraduate sports and exercise science degree courses:
- Sport Science BSc (Hons)
- Sport Science MSci
- Sport, Health and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Science MSci
- Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) BSc (Hons)
- Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) MSci
- Sport, Health and Physical Education BSc (Hons)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology BSc (Hons)*
Which sports science degree you choose will depend on your specific interests. For instance, a degree in Sport, Health and Physical Education will give you some basic skills to carry on and take a PGCE to teach A Level PE, whereas Sport Science (Outdoor Activities) will provide you with the technical skills and teaching ability in various water and mountain based disciplines.
*This degree is offered with the School of Psychology.
Sports and Exercise Science degrees as Joint Honours (BA) programmes
You may combine the study of any of the following subjects with Sport and Exercise Science programmes at Bangor:
You study 120 credits in each year of your degree with half the credits completed within the School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences and half in the joints honours subject School. The fourth year of language joints is in-country depending on the language being studied.
These degrees are aimed at medical students who have successfully completed the requisite number of years in Medical School and wish to gain a BSc to specialise or gain experience in the following fields:
- Sport Science BSc (Intercalated)
- Exercise Physiology BSc (Intercalated)
- Exercise, Behaviour Change and Disease Prevention BSc (Intercalated)
Click here for a Guide to Intercalated Degrees.
Sport Science (Outdoor Recreation) BSc Top-Up degree
We offer a Sport Science (Outdoor Recreation) Top-up BSc degree suitable for those who have studied a related sport science Foundation degree.
- Sport Science (Outdoor Recreation) BSc Top-Up Degree