Internship opportunity with local hydroelectricity project
The Abergwyngregyn Regeneration Company (ARC), a community benefit company, is developing a 270 kW hydro-electric generating scheme in the Anafon Valley above the village (for details see www.abergwyngregyn.org.uk - Hydro).
The company is seeking an intern whose role will be:
- promoting the development of the hydro project and a forthcoming community share issue on social media and ARC's website;
- posting regular news updates on Twitter, Facebook and other appropriate social media sites, blog sites and the ARC website,
- managing and administering ARC's media accounts;assisting in drafting and issuing bilingual press statements;
- attending and helping man stands at public events (National Eisteddfod, Anglesey Show, etc) and promotional meetings;
- distributing leaflets and other promotional material.
The intern will be based at ARC’s office in Abergwyngregyn, Gwynedd.
The person we seek will:
- have a solid, up-to-date understanding of social media, YouTube and the internet;
- have excellent computer skills;
- be able to write good, concise copy in Welsh and English;
- have creative ability and a capacity to think outside the box;
- be proactive and self-motivated with an eye for detail;
- be reliable and conscientious.
Conditions and hours:
The internship is unpaid but ARC will reimburse out-of-pocket expenses.
Hours will be flexible by agreement with the ARC's Hydro Management Team but we anticipate demands on the intern's time will increase as the date of the Community Share Issue - 13 September 2014 - approaches.
The role is expected to last for three months, starting 30 June 2014 and ending 30 September 2014.
Hywel Thomas - tel 01248 681536/07864733169 - email email@example.com - from whom further details may be obtained.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply in writing with their CV to:
Hywel Thomas, Chair,
Abergwyngregyn Regeneration Company,
Tan y Gaer,
Publication date: 10 June 2014