Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information

Advice and Support for Mature Students

Student Services

The University has a dedicated Mature Student Adviser, who can offer assistance on a wide range of issues.

Guidance on finance, housing, health, disability issues, including Specific Learning Differences such as dyslexia and dyspraxia and mental health can all be accessed through Student Services. They also offer a free confidential Student Counselling service. Find out more by visiting the Student Services website.

International Student Support

For International students, staff at the International Welfare Office are available to assist you on a range of welfare matters. Find out more...

Students’ Union Support Services

The Students’ Union represents all students at Bangor University in a variety of ways. The Union has five Sabbatical Officers who work hard to ensure that your time at Bangor is as rewarding as can be.

The Course Representative scheme is co-ordinated by the Students’ Union – as are all the University’s sports clubs and societies, which are available to all students free of charge. The Union also runs a number of campaigns throughout the year, with plenty of opportunity for you to get involved!

There is also a Mature Students’ Senator to make sure that the needs of mature students are fully represented. To find out more, visit the Students’ Union website.

Personal Tutor

Each undergraduate student is allocated a Personal Tutor. As well as providing advice and support on academic matters you can speak to your tutor about more personal/welfare matters, even though they may need to refer you to other services for further guidance.

Student Health Service

All students are required to register with a local GP. THe University has a contract with a local GP practice to provide special services to students, which is currently held by Bodnant Medical Centre, Menai Avenue, Upper Bangor.

Further advice and support

Counselling Tutors

Counselling Tutors are prepared to listen confidentially to students who have problems, whether academic or personal.

Halls Senior and Student Wardens

Halls Senior and Student Wardens have a dual welfare and disciplinary role. They are assisted by Student Wardens in the provision of pastoral support for students residing in Halls. Students may seek advice or support from any Student Warden at any time. Details on how to contact Halls staff are given in the relevant Halls Handbook.

Chaplaincy Service

Full details of the Chaplaincy Services and faith provisions are provided in the Student Guide.