Arrange a consultation
Complete our online booking form
For students and staff wishing to discuss their writing one-to-one, we offer individual appointments with our team of Study Advisers and Peer Writing Mentors.
Individual consultations can be booked for up to 50 minutes and are fully confidential. Typically, our meetings are used by students to:
- talk through what an assignment requires;
- develop ideas through discussion;
- explore the writing process;
- consider how to shape ideas and use reading material;
- explore ways of structuring the writing;
- discuss written expression;
- develop proofreading skills.
Our Advisers and Mentors do not proofread or correct work, and cannot offer an opinion on likely grades.
If you would like to discuss a particular assignment or piece of writing, please bring a paper copy of your writing to your consultation and any instructions or guidelines that you have been given.
Book a consultation by completing our online booking form.