Living at home during your studies?
Will you be living at home during your studies and commuting to University on a daily basis? If so, this page is for you.
If you’re one of our many students who will be living at home rather than moving into student accommodation in Bangor, please don’t worry. We know that living away from student accommodation is just one of the options that creates your individual student experience just as deciding on module choices, or which clubs and societies to join. There is plenty of support available for you to access and get involved throughout your time at Bangor.
Home Students’ Induction Event
In order to help support your transition to University, every year we hold an event for our local students just before term starts, to provide you with information and tips to help you:
- find your feet as a student
- settle into your studies
- make the most of your student experience
This event is positively received, and our feedback always includes quotes like these from last year:
- “I was so nervous about next week, this event had helped a lot”
- “Already made new friends”
- “Informative and helpful”
This year, we have moved this event on-line – follow the links below for more information. We’ve even included an online chat event where you can meet other students from your study area as well as current students and staff
The chat will be available on Tuesday 15th at 12:30pm. If you would like to join us, please complete this short form and we will send you an invite to the online event.
We’ve also put together some information to help you get ready for University life. This covers the essentials of what you might need to know before you start studying, information about parking, and all the things you can access once you’re a student. Each section has a link to the further information where you can find out more.
Finding your Feet
You might be local to North Wales but you possible don’t know much about the University itself and how being a student works. To get clued up take a look at:
- Peer Guides
- Car Parking: how to get a permit (and avoid fines)
- Not registered yet? Look at how you register
- Puzzled about student finance? Find out more
- Healthcare – make sure you register with a local doctor
Settle into your studies
Stepping up to the next level of study can be daunting so don’t be afraid to look at ways you can get a bit of help along the way:
- Canolfan Bedwyr
- Study Skills
- Personal Tutors
- ELCOS: new to the UK and need some support with English skills?
- Student Services - has a wide range of guidance and support available so check out how we can help you settle in
Make the most of being a student
University offers a lot more than your academic studies. There are many opportunities to broaden your horizons and experiences. Check out: