Are you starting postgraduate studies at Bangor this year? If so, this page is for you.
Every year we hold an event for our postgraduates at the start of the academic year to provide you with all sorts of information and tips to help you:
- find your feet as a student, especially if you’re new to Bangor
- settle into the next level of study
- make the most of your student experience
This year we have moved this event on-line – follow the links below for more information. We’ve even included online chat events, where you can meet other postgraduate students as well as current students and staff.
The chats will be available on Tuesday 22nd September at 12pm and Tuesday 29th at 1pm. If you would like to join us, please complete the short form and we will send you an invite to the event.
We’ve also put together some information, to help you get ready for Postgraduate study at Bangor. This covers the essentials of what you might need to know before you get here, information about arrival and parking, and all the things you can access once you’re here. Each section has a link to the further information where you can find out more.
Finding your Feet
You might have studied before but every university has its own way of doing things so you might not know much about the university itself and how being a Bangor student works. To get clued up take a look at:
- Peer Guides
- Car Parking - how to get a permit (and avoid fines)
- Not registered yet? Look at how you register
- Puzzled about student finance? Find out more
- Healthcare - make sure you register with a local doctor
Settle into your studies
Stepping up to the next level of study can be daunting so don’t be afraid to look at ways you can get a bit of help along the way:
- IT Services
- Canolfan Bedwyr
- Study Skills
- Personal Tutors
- ELCOS: new to the UK and need some support with English skills?
- Student Services - has a wide range of guidance and support available so check out how we can help you settle in
Make the most of being a student
University offers a lot more than your academic studies. There are many opportunities to broaden your horizons and experiences. Check out:
- SU – clubs, societies and volunteering
- Skills and Employability
Postgraduate Research Students
In order to enhance your experience as a postgraduate research (PGR) candidate at Bangor, we provide you with access to our Doctoral School. The Doctoral School provides a range of training and development opportunities for both PGR candidates and supervisory staff as well as supporting interdisciplinary and integrated research community with research candidates at its heart. You can find out more about the Doctoral school and get involved in our training and events.