Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20 Credyd neu 10 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
To provide an opportunity to plan and accomplish a substantial piece of work entailing an extensive review of the existing published theoretical and empirical literature on a clearly defined topic, possibly augmented by the application of quantitative or qualitative methods in further analysis of that topic.
Only available for Accounting and Banking students
There is no set syllabus. The subject matter can be drawn from any area of accounting, banking or finance, provided that there is suitable and sufficient reading material available, and a member of staff is available to supervise in the chosen area of study. You should choose your topic in consultation with the module organiser and other members of staff at the start of the academic year.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): Quality of proposal. Aspects include: adequacy of title, quality of abstract, proposed content, proposed methodology, suggestions for chapter headings (and key contents), proposal for interpreting results and overall coherence.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Clear links between conceptual ideas and empirical data. Clear and well articulated literature review. Clear and well articulated data analysis and collection methods. Some reference in the analysis to conceptual ideas. Quality in the selections of sources for conceptual ideas and the design of data analysis and collection. Consistent references and citations.
A- to A+ (70%+): Excellent presentation throughout. Well argued, well articulated throughout. Novel research idea and/or data collection and analysis. Possibly combining quantitative and qualitative research. Appropriate tests to determine validity and reliability of data and analysis. Thoughtful consideration of results for future research.
Demonstrate good presentation and organisation skills through planning, editing and compiling a substantial research report.
Make use of library and electronic resources to identify literature and locate data.
Synthesise and critically appraise a body of academic literature.
Identify relevant research to draw theoretical conclusions for the project.
Demonstrate an ability to present complex ideas orally
Identify relevant research to draw a data collection and analysis strategy for the project.
Recognize the qualities and support the endeavors of research by peers
Students will produce a dissertation based on accounting, finance or banking, which is to include a literature review, research methods, data collection and analysis. This should be 8,000 words excluding references.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Supervised time in studio/workshop||
Regular supervision of the dissertation by the dissertation supervisor. At least one hour per month.
Note: 1) It is your responsibility to initiate meetings and maintain regular contact with your supervisor. 2) From time to time, your supervisor can call you for a group meeting with other students.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- NN45: BA Accounting and Banking year 3 (BA/AB)
- NN36: BA Accounting and Banking with International Experience year 4 (BA/ABIE)
- N400: BA Accounting and Finance year 3 (BA/AF)
- N401: BA Accounting & Finance (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/AFIE)
- NR43: BA Accounting/Italian year 4 (BA/AIT)
- NR44: BA Accounting/Spanish year 4 (BA/ASP)
- N322: BA Banking and Finance year 3 (BA/BIF)
- NN13: BA Business Studies and Finance year 3 (BA/BSF)
- NN14: BA Business Stud & Finance (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/BSFIE)
- N1R1: BA Bus Stud with French year 3 (BA/BSFR)
- N1R2: BA Business Studies with German year 3 (BA/BSGER)
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 3 (BA/BSIT)
- N1R4: BA Business Studies with Spanish year 3 (BA/BSSP)
- NR41: BA French/Accounting year 4 (BA/FRA)
- NR42: BA German/Accounting year 4 (BA/GA)
- N2N4: BA Management with Accounting year 3 (BA/MAF)
- N500: BA Marketing year 3 (BA/MK)
- 8V55: BSc Banking and Finance (with International Experience) year 3 (BSC/BFIE)
- N391: BSc Banking and Finance year 3 (BSC/BFIN)
- N39B: BSc Banking and Finance (4 year w Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BFIN1)
- N324: BSc Banking and Finance (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICBF)
- NN24: BSc Management with Account (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMNA)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)
- N2NK: BSc Management with Accounting year 3 (BSC/MWACC)
- N2NL: BSc Management with Accounting (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/MWACC1)