This section provides an outline of the content of this Exercise, Behaviour Change and Disease Prevention BSc (Intercalated) course. Each year you'll study a series of modules, some of these are compulsory and others can be selected from a range of optional modules.
You will study a total of 120 credits in the year. Depending on the course chosen you will also take 60 optional credits selected from a range of modules including:
- Stress and Performance (Sport Science)
- Research in Psychological Skills (Sport Science)
- Physiology of Elite Performance (Sport Science)
- Group Dynamics (Sport Science)
- Environmental Physiology – Extremes (Sport Science, Exercise Physiology)
- Rehabilitation of the Injured Athlete (Sport Science, Exercise Physiology)
- Disability Sport and Rehabilitation (Sport Science, EBCDP)
- Environmental Physiology – High Altitude (Exercise Physiology)
- Healthy Aging (Exercise Physiology, EBCDP)
- Exercise for Clinical Populations (Exercise
- Physiology, EBCDP)
- Motivation (EBCDP)
- Exercise Psychology (EBCDP)
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (EBCDP as necessary)
- Psychobiology (All as necessary)
- Observation and Evaluation of Clinical Teaching Settings (All as necessary)
All students study Research Skills and, you will carry out an independent Research Project to integrate the knowledge you have accumulated over the year.
Modules our students are currently studying...
If you'd like a closer look at the content of the modules our current students are studying this year please click on the links below;
Ex, Behav. Change&Disease Prev degree (BSC/EBCDP)
* Please note that due to the dynamic nature of our degree programmes specific topics of study/modules are occasionally subject to change.
Please also note that some degree programmes have placements or study periods in other institutions, and during those years no module content is listed.