Retirement may seem a long time away, but it can mean a major change not just in lifestyle, but also in financial circumstances. Planning ahead, by putting some money aside while working to provide an income for the future, can ensure that retirement is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
The Trustees of the Scheme and the University invite you to do this by joining the University's Scheme, this leaflet is only a short guide. The Scheme Booklet contains more details about the benefits than can be put into this leaflet, and as well as the Application Form. You can obtain a copy by asking the Pensions Officer at Finance, Cae Derwen, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2DG.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Scheme.
* What is the Scheme?
* What's in it for me?
* When can I join the Scheme?
* I only work part time, can I still join the Scheme?
* What if I leave the University?
* What does contracted out of the State Scheme mean?
* What do I have to pay?
* Can I make extra contributions?
* I would like to join the Scheme, what do I do now?
* I'm not sure - can I join the Scheme later?