Need to know more? Ask us a question...
Why choose Bangor for your studies?
Founded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK. Find out more
- Among the top 2% of global higher education institutions
- World top 100 international university – Times Higher Education Ranking 2015
- Top-50 UK University – Times University League table 2015
- Top-10 UK University for Teaching Quality– Times University League Table 2016
- Top-10 UK University for "student satisfaction" – NSS 2015
Career and Employability
- 90% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2013/14
- Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements: students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations: to help develop students' careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, RSC, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, BSB, and NMC.
- Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa: for those international graduates identified by the University as having developed a genuine and credible business idea that the University would then like to support with further development. Find out more
Cost of Study
- Scholarships up to full tuition fee waiver are available for international students. Find out more
- Among the most economical places to study in the UK in terms of living costs – The Independent
- Top-20 UK university for 'inexpensive shops/amenities' – THE Student Survey 2015
- Top-5 UK university for student support – WhatUni Student Awards 2015
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Ranked 1st in the UK for student clubs and societies – WhatUni Student Awards 2015
- Top-5 UK university for quality of student accommodation – WhatUni Student Awards 2015
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students
- £35 million investment in student accommodation halls
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and also the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, café, bar, shops and 24 hour security
- Variety of room options available; En-Suite, Studios, Townhouses, Standard, and Budget
- Top-10 for UK university for 'good security' – THE Student Survey 2015
- "Best UK University setting" – The Independent
- Coastal town situated near to the Snowdonia mountains. Find out more
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- £67m invested on campus redevelopment and a further £48m on a new Arts and Innovation Centre (Pontio). Find out more
- Two campus locations – Bangor and London, 160+ buildings, 23 academic departments offering 250+ Undergraduate courses and 200+ Postgraduate courses offered over January and September intakes.