Hidden Worlds Exhibition
Interactive science for all the family!
- Brambell Building, Deiniol Road, Bangor. (opposite Asda supermarket - free parking on the Bangor University Science site on Deiniol road.
- Saturday 10 March 2018, 10:00–16:00
Prepare to be amazed by our natural history museum, science activities and live animals. Tours of the aquarium and research facilities. As well as live flash bang chemistry shows at 11:30am and 1:30pm.
A little taste of what to expect this year:
- Dealing with Danger - understanding how the presence of wolves and lynx affect the behaviour of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) in Plitvička Jezera national park, Croatia.
- The team from Treborth Botanic Garden will be teaching you how to be a botanical artist and sow your own seeds for the vegetable garden!
- This year we will feature the Sound Lab: It’s Behind You. A hands on sound lab where you can create other-worldly sound synthesis, and swirling audio around the room with our surround sound system.
- Commemorating the Forgotten and Hidden U-boat War around the Welsh Coast 1914-18: exploration, access and outreach.
- Hidden Wales …. What lies beneath? The geology of the local area explained by our experts.
- And of course the live animal displays where you will be able to learn about and hold snakes and other reptiles.
- A fascinating talk on primates "Who do you think you are?" at 12:45pm and 2:45pm
FREE. Public Event 10.00am - 4.00pm All Welcome.