What do we do?
- Promote and safeguard fair access to higher education, including identifying individuals with the greatest potential from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Attract and retain students and prospective students from underrepresented groups, which may include students from less advantaged backgrounds and students with protected characteristics, carers and care leavers.
- Raise educational aspirations and develop skills which prepare students from underrepresented groups for higher education.
- Support students from underrepresented groups to progress to employment or further study.
- Work with Reaching Wider: North and Mid Wales Partnership in areas of low participation
- Work with LEAs to promote the value/benefit of Welsh medium and/or bilingual study
- Work with Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol to promote University study through the medium of Welsh
- Work in partnership with FE to provide educational opportunities locally for those with geographical barriers to accessing HE.
- Work towards removing barriers to enable those with mental health issues to realise their potential.