Mr Edward Jones
Lecturer in Economics (Welsh Medium)
Phone: +44 (0) 1248 388 393
- The growth of conurbations in post-war Britain: A historical perspective. PhD
- Banking and Finance MA
- Economics and Mathematics BA (Bangor University)
- NVQ (Level 4) Management Professional (Chartered Management Institute)
- PRINCE 2 Professional (Office of Government Commerce)
- Diploma in Statistics Professional (The Royal Statistical Society)
Highly motivated Lecturer with professional and academic experience in advanced analytics, financial and economic modelling, stakeholder’s engagement, technical research, and business strategy development.
Professional risk management experience, including loan loss forecasting modelling, non-retail loan pricing models, IRB model development and calibration, scorecard implementation, system testing, and performance monitoring. Also, previous experience of developing efficiency models for the agricultural industry, preparing detailed reports for the private sector and government agencies on the structure of the farming industry in Wales, and envisaging policy impact upon different sectors.
PhD (Economics) from the Centre for Banking and Financial Studies, University of Wales, Bangor, where he also holds a BA (Mathematics and Economics) degree and a Masters (Banking and Finance) degree. Experience of supervising master students’ theses and teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
I am willing to supervise a PhD
- National Assembly for Wales Research Service & The Learned Society of Wales Ideas Exchange Seminar
7 Mar 2017
External Organisation: Welsh Assembly
Activity: Types of External academic engagement - Invited talk (Speaker)