Prof Shanti Chakravarty
- Edmund Phelps on Productivity SlowdownChakravarty, S 2016, 'Edmund Phelps on Productivity Slowdown: Limits to Utilitarian Economics', Homo Oeconomicus, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 357-365. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41412-016-0029-9
- Growth, De-Regulation and Rent-Seeking in Post-War British EconomyChakravarty, SP, Thomakos, DD & Nikolopoulos, K 2015, 'Growth, De-Regulation and Rent-Seeking in Post-War British Economy', Applied Economics, vol. 48, no. 18, pp. 1719-1729. https://doi.org/10.1080/00036846.2015.1105928
- Are there arbitrage gaps in the UK gilt strips market?Armitage, S, Chakravarty, SP, Hodgkinson, L & Wells, HJ 2012, 'Are there arbitrage gaps in the UK gilt strips market?', Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 3080-3089. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2012.07.001
- Banking industry liberalisation in GhanaAdjei, EA & Chakravarty, SP 2012, 'Banking industry liberalisation in Ghana', Review of Development Finance, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 93-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rdf.2012.01.006
- Inequality adjusted growth rates in Latin America.Angeriz, A, Arestis, P & Chakravarty, SP 2011, 'Inequality adjusted growth rates in Latin America.', Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 49-62. https://doi.org/10.1093/cjres/rsq035
- Inequality Adjusted Growth Rates in Latin America.Chakravarty, SP, Angeriz, A & Arestis, P 2009, 'Inequality Adjusted Growth Rates in Latin America.' Paper presented at American Social Science Association/American Economic Association Conference at San Francisco., 3/01/01, .
- Interrogating the British Crime Survey from a local perspective: The case of North Wales.Altunbas, Y, Feilzer, M & Chakravarty, SP 2009, Interrogating the British Crime Survey from a local perspective: The case of North Wales. 2009 edn, Unknown.
- Royal Bank of Scotland Fiasco: Exit, Voice or Loyalty?Chakravarty, SP & Hodgkinson, L 2009, 'Royal Bank of Scotland Fiasco: Exit, Voice or Loyalty?' Paper presented at Voting Power in Practice (LSE-Warwick) Summer Workshop, 3/01/01, .
- Neo-conservatives or neo-liberal?Chakravarty, SP 2008, 'Neo-conservatives or neo-liberal?', Homo Oeconomicus, vol. 25, no. 3-4, pp. 381-397.
- Changing patterns of UK poverty, 1997-2004.Angeriz, A & Chakravarty, SP 2007, 'Changing patterns of UK poverty, 1997-2004.', Cambridge Journal of Economics, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 995-1006. https://doi.org/10.1093/cje/bem024
- Regional variation in banking services and social exclusion.Chakravarty, SP 2006, 'Regional variation in banking services and social exclusion.', Regional Studies, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 415-428. https://doi.org/10.1080/00343400600632747
- How significant is the alleged unfair advantage enjoyed by state-owned banks in Germany?Chakravarty, SP & Williams, JM 2006, 'How significant is the alleged unfair advantage enjoyed by state-owned banks in Germany?', Cambridge Journal of Economics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 219-226. https://doi.org/10.1093/cje/bei042
- Do credit markets have faith in IMF imprimatur?Chakravarty, SP, Altunbas, Y, Kara, A & Chakravarty, S 2006, 'Do credit markets have faith in IMF imprimatur?', Journal of World Economic Review, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 219-237.
- Ethnic Nationalism and Income Distribution in Malaysia.Chakravarty, SP & Roslan, AH 2005, 'Ethnic Nationalism and Income Distribution in Malaysia.', Journal of Development Research, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 270-288. https://doi.org/10.1080/09578810500130906
- Economics of National Identity.Altunbas, Y, Chakravarty, SP & Steffen, F 2004, 'Economics of National Identity.' Paper presented at European Public Choice Meeting, Berlin., 3/01/01, .
- Shareholders and Corprate Elections.Chakravarty, SP, Goddard, JA & Hodgkinson, L 2004, 'Shareholders and Corprate Elections.', Journal of Management and Governance, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 187-197.
- A note on the electoral rules for the Welsh assembly.Altunbas, Y, Chakravarty, SP & Steffen, F 2002, 'A note on the electoral rules for the Welsh assembly.', Public Choice, vol. 111, no. 1-2, pp. 185-193. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1015145519433
- Comment on minimizing frustration versus median voters' equilibria: a reasonable choice procedure.Chakravarty, SP & Skott, P 2002, 'Comment on minimizing frustration versus median voters' equilibria: a reasonable choice procedure.', Jahrbuch fǘr Neue Politische Őkonomie: Special Edition on Power and Fairness, vol. 20, pp. 51-56.
- Economic analysis of police stops and searches: a critique.Chakravarty, SP 2002, 'Economic analysis of police stops and searches: a critique.', European Journal of Political Economy, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 597-605. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0176-2680(02)00108-8
- Frontier cost functions and bank efficiency.Altunbas, Y & Chakravarty, SP 2001, 'Frontier cost functions and bank efficiency.', Economics Letters, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 233-240. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-1765(00)00218-4
- Corporate Governance and Shareholder Franchise.Chakravarty, SP & Hodgkinson, L 2001, 'Corporate Governance and Shareholder Franchise.', Journal of Management and Governance, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 83-97. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1017937728954