Dr Sofie Roberts
Research Officer in Health Economics (School of Medical and Health Sciences)
Dr Sofie Roberts is a Research Officer at Bangor University. She works at the Centre for Health Economics and Medicines Evaluation (CHEME) and is interested in nature-based research and well-being. Her recent projects involve evaluating community perceptions and involvement in climate projects aiming at low carbon emissions and environmental sustainability, and she has a background in the low carbon sector. Sofie completed her PhD in Media at Bangor University in 2022, analysing Welsh cinema of the last thirty years through the prism of postcolonial theory. She is a management board member of the Places of Climate Change Research Centre at Bangor University and is a Welsh speaker from the foothills of Eryri.
- PhD: Wales on Screen
- MA: Film and Media Studies
- BA: English Literature with Film Studies
- PublishedEnhancing community involvement in low-carbon projects: a study of northwest Wales climate assemblies
Roberts, S., Tenbrink, T. & Peisley, G., 2023, Bangor University. 35 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Other report
- PublishedTu hwnt i’r sgrin: sinema a hunaniaeth Cymru.
Roberts, S., 1 Mar 2022, 2 p. Gwerddon Fach.
Research output: Other contribution
- Global Issue, Local Action: The GwyrddNi Community Assemblies on the Climate
28 Jun 2023Activity: Oral presentation (Speaker)
- WISERD Annual Conference 2023
28 Jun 2023Activity: Participation in Academic conference (Speaker)
- ‘You’re Speaking My Language’: enhancing community climate engagement through Welsh and enhancing Welsh through community climate action.
Paper presentation on the findings of the LCEE Project 2022-23
27 Jun 2023Activity: Oral presentation (Speaker)
- British Association of Film, Television and Screen Studies: annual conference
Wales and the Green Screen: Sustainability and Environment in Welsh Filmmaking
3 Apr 2023 – 5 Apr 2023
Links:Activity: Participation in Academic conference (Speaker)