Modules for course N5AD | MBA/IM
MBA International Marketing
These were the modules for this course in the 2018–19 academic year.
You can also view the modules offered in the years: 2019–20.
- ASB-4006: Marketing Strategy (15) The philosophy and process of marketing, including service operations; Planning in the marketing environment; Market research to understand the consumer; Organisational Behaviour as Buyers and Suppliers; Creating value for customers; Managing Competition and Managing Products; Communicating Value for Customers, versus Competitors; Implementing Integrated Marketing; Future threats and opportunites? - Internet, International and Integrity.
- ASB-4521: Int'l Marketing Communication (15) • Integrated marketing communication; • Application of contemporary communication theory and research methods; • International marketing communications strategies and planning; • Advertising and media planning; • Sales promotion and online marketing communication; • Public relations and exhibitions; • Advertising standardization and adaption; • Implementation and evaluation of integrated marketing communications strategy.
- ASB-4530: Global Brand Management (15) • Introduction to brand management principles and practices • Defining and categorising brands • Brand equity theory • Brand positioning theory • Consumers and brands • Planning and implementing brand management programmes 1 • Planning and implementing brand management programmes 2 • Measuring, interpreting and monitoring brand performance • Growing and sustaining brand equity • Case studies in brand management (presentations)
- ASB-4115: Management Research (15) • Research methodologies and philosophy: positivism and interpretivism; • Qualitative research methods and the search for meaning; • The process: selecting a research strategy and design; • Data gathering, documentary records, triangulation and mixed methods; • Quantitative research design and methodologies; • Analysis of quantitative data; univariate and multivariate analysis, factor analysis, cluster analysis, and MANOVA.
- ASB-4439: International Marketing (15) Core 1. Introduction to international marketing; 2. The international marketing environment; 3. Internationalization theories; 4. Factors influencing market entry decisions; 5. Market entry strategies; 6. Building a global brand; 7. International marketing in practice (Case study); 8. Designing the international marketing programme; 9. Implementing the international marketing programme; 10. Issues and trends in international marketing.
- ASB-4440: Consumers in Global & Digital (15) Introduction to consumer behaviour across cultures; The consumer as an individual part 1; The consumer as an individual part 2; Consumer decision-making; The role and impact of culture in consumer behaviour; Cultural theories and cultural value frameworks; The digital marketplace and its impact on consumers; Digital consumer behaviour theory; New trends in digital marketing.
- ASB-4523: Marketing Analysis (15) • Introduction to the marketing information system and the marketing research process • Types of marketing research data: Secondary data and Primary data • Measurement in marketing research • Data collection techniques and sampling issues • Introduction to data analysis • Hypothesis testing • Regression analysis • Multidimensional scaling and cluster analysis • Experimentation • Conjoint analysis
60 credits from:
- ASB-4524: Int'l Marketing Project (60) (Semester 3) Core Students will work in teams on a brief provided by a member of staff. Students will be given a deadline to complete the team element of the project (this element involves the design and collection of primary data). The research will be written up individually in the form of a marketing report. There is no set syllabus as the tasks required will depend on the brief given. Students will have the opportunity to select a brief to work on from those available. No more than 4 students can work on the same brief.
- ASB-4904: Applied Business Projects (60) (Semester 3) Core Students will choose four Applied Business Projects from the list below: • e-Business and Value Chain • Human Resource Management • Financial Services Mis-selling • Investment and Private Banking • Operations Management • Business Planning
15 credits from:
- ASB-4413: Int'l Strategic Management (15) (Semester 1) The concepts of strategic management. The vocabulary of strategy; prescriptive and emergent strategies. Strategy, the organisation and the environment. The core processes: strategic analysis; strategy formulation; strategic choice. Vertical integration; make/buy decision; corporate parenting and internationalisation.
- ASB-4431: Organisations and People (15) (Semester 1) Theories and models of management: classical and contemporary; Organisation structures: strategy, design and function, job design; Organisation cultures: values, ethics, norms of behaviour; Organisation processes: survival, change, growth and development; Organisational learning, and learning organisations; Individual differences: perception, learning, motivation, equality and diversity; Groups and teams in the organisation; Managing relationships: power, control and conflict resolution, communication; Managers as leaders, people developers, coaches; Managing and rewarding performance.