Contemporary issues in Mgment
Contemporary issues in Mgment 2023-24
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
Ethical dilemmas in management and organisation (critical management studies); Changing organisation structures and the implications for management; Managing across cultures; Contemporary approaches to leadership; Managing complexity and change; Managing for sustainability.
Threshold: D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Good: (C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed; Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements; Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives; Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Very good B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance; Most of the relevant information accurately deployed.; Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements; Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives; Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Excellent A- to A* (70%+): An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Appreciate the different approaches to leadership and their relevance in a multi-cultural context.
- Critically assess the management processes involved in managing in an increasingly complex, fragile global environment.
- Critically evaluate contemporary issues in management.
- Critically reflect on personal experiences of, and dilemmas faced in, contemporary management and organisations.
- Explain the tensions and dilemmas faced in managing in turbulent economies.