Credit Risk Analytics
Credit Risk Analytics & Programming 2023-24
Ysgol Busnes Bangor
Modiwl - Semester 1
Monte Carlo, Bootstrapping, The Merton model (incl. structural default models), Scoring models, Loss Given Default (LGD) modelling, Default correlations, Credit portfolio risk, Validation of PD models, Bank capital calculations/Risk Weighted Assets.
Threshold c- to c+ (50-59%): Satisfactory performance. No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Knowledge of key areas/principles only. Weaknesses in understanding of some areas. Limited evidence of background study. Answer inadequately focused on task and with some irrelevant material and poor structure. Arguments presented but lack coherence. Minor factual/computational errors. Lacking original interpretation.
Good B- to B+ (60-69%): Good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. Understands most but not all concepts/issues. Evidence of background study. Focused answer with good structure. Arguments presented coherently. Mostly free of factual errors. Some limited original interpretation. Well known links between topics are described. Problems addressed by existing methods/approaches. Good presentation with accurate communication
Excellent standard: 70+ An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Comprehend and critically analyse the role of probability of default, loss given default, and exposure at default in bank capital calculations and regulatory requirements
- Critically evaluate the role of risk analytics within financial institutions, and its integration in the credit assessment process and strategic decision making
- Demonstrate a broad and in-depth understanding of the role of risk analytics in meeting regulatory requirements and policies
- Develop and evaluate the performance of a credit risk quantitative model.
- Develop skills to implement and evaluate learning outcomes in Excel
- Perform a detailed assessment of the different aspects of risk-based pricing and profit maximisation
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)