Modules for course B9BS | MSC/BMS
MSc Biomedical Science
These are the modules currently offered on this course in the 2019–20 academic year.
- MSE-4125: Masters Dissertation (60) (Semester 3) Core
30 credits from:
- MSE-4090: Blood Sciences (30) (Semester 1 + 2) Core
- MSE-4091: Cell and Molecular Pathology (30) (Semester 1 + 2) Core
- MSE-4092: Infectious Sciences (30) (Semester 1 + 2) Core
- Students must select one of the above 3 modules. Other two modules can be taken as an optional (Core) module.
60 credits from:
- MSE-4040: Human Molecular Genetics (20) (Semester 1)
- MSE-4042: Laboratory Molecular Research (20) (Semester 1)
- MSE-4043: Stem Cells, Disease & Therapy (10) (Semester 1)
- MSE-4089: Molecular Diagnostics (20) (Semester 2)
- MSE-4090: Blood Sciences (30) (Semester 1 + 2)
- MSE-4091: Cell and Molecular Pathology (30) (Semester 1 + 2)
- MSE-4092: Infectious Sciences (30) (Semester 1 + 2)
- ASB-4426: Contemporary Issues in Mgmt (15) (Semester 2) Ethical dilemmas in management and organisation (critical management studies); Changing organisation structures and the implications for management; Managing across cultures; Contemporary approaches to leadership; Managing complexity and change; Managing for sustainability.
- ASB-4431: Organisations and People (15) (Semester 1) Theories and models of management: classical and contemporary; Organisation structures: strategy, design and function, job design; Organisation cultures: values, ethics, norms of behaviour; Organisation processes: survival, change, growth and development; Organisational learning, and learning organisations; Individual differences: perception, learning, motivation, equality and diversity; Groups and teams in the organisation; Managing relationships: power, control and conflict resolution, communication; Managers as leaders, people developers, coaches; Managing and rewarding performance.