Modules for course C169 | MSCI/MBZ
MSci Marine Biology and Zoology
These are the modules currently offered on this course in the 2022–23 academic year.
You can also view the modules offered in the year .
OSX-1002 Marine Biology Practical 1 (20) (Full Term)
BNS-1004 Principles of Life 1 (20) (Full Term)
BNS-1002 Organismal Diversity (20) (Semester 1)
DNS-1003 Ecology & Evolution (20) (Semester 2)
ONC-1001 or ONS-1001 Choose between the Welsh or English medium version of the module
ONS-1001 Environmental data & analysis (20) (Full Term)
ONC-1001 Dadansoddi Data Amgylcheddol Cymraeg (20) (Full Term)
OSC-1000 or OSX-1000 Choose between the Welsh or English version of the module
- OSX-2003: Marine Biology Practical II (20)
- OSX-2009: Marine Ecology (20)
- BSX-2022: Vertebrate Biology (20)
40 credits from:
- BNS-3003: Freshwater Ecosystems 2 (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3020: Sharks and their Relatives (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3023: Marine Mammal Science (20) (Semester 1)
- BSX-3139: Molecular Ecology & Evolution (20) (Semester 1)
- BSX-3159: Parasites & Pathogens (20) (Semester 1)
- Students must take at least 40 credits of Biological Sciences modules (BSX...) during the year (either from this section or the one further down).
10 credits from:
- OSX-3014: Larval Ecology (10) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3015: Overseas Field Course VIMS USA (10) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3015 takes place during the summer before the start of the 3rd year. Studens register for it in February of their 2nd year.
40 credits from:
- OSX-3001: Marine Conservation & Exploit. (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3002: Marine Ecosystems & Processes (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3019: Fish Biology and Ecology (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3144: Animal Survival Strategies (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3150: Life in a Changing Climate (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3152: Life in Wetlands (20) (Semester 2)