Advanced Research Methods
Advanced Research Methods 2023-24
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg Electronig
Modiwl - Semester 2
Indicative content includes:
- Research theory basics: paradigms, domains and approaches.
- Contextualisation of Research Methods in relation to MSc project scope.
- Research process: design, planning, and implementation.
- Coping with information overload, selection of secondary sources, their critical evaluation and role in independent research. Structuring literature review to inform theoretical framework and justify selection of methodology.
- Research rationale; setting research objectives and developing hypotheses.
- Primary data collection methods.
- Statistical principles of data analysis.
- Summarising results and arriving to meaningful conclusions.
- Preparing research proposals.
- Professional, legal, social, cultural and ethical issues related to computing and an awareness of societal and environmental impact of research projects.
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence. -good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication. -excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Who, what,when, where and why?
Research Methods Case Study Open Book Class Test