Laser Fabrication 2022-23
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg Electronig
Modiwl - Semester 1
Indicative content includes:
- Manufacture a series of microelectrodes using UV photolithography. Experimental stages include substrate preparation, metal deposition, resist coating, UV exposure, developing and final inspection.
- Manufacture of microfluidic channels using PDMS. Mould production using dry film laminates. Substrate preparation. PDMS casting. Surface treatment. Fluidic tests and inspection.
- Assessment of laser micromachining parameters using direct write laser micromachining. Microfabrication of laser micromachined structures.
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Construct components using Photolithography processes and tools.
- Demonstrate a command of the principles of Laser Micromachining, by fashioning an appropriate product using a Femtosecond Laser.
- Operate relevant equipment, applying appropriate principles, to create a product using Soft Lithography.